Stewarts Office Plants

We supply many businesses across the South, from Sussex and Surrey, through Hampshire and Dorset to Wiltshire and Somerset. For more information about the services we offer visit our home page, or contact us here. In this blog you'll find news, interesting snippets, stories and pictures of our staff's adventures out on the road.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Curvy Pots and 'S' Planters

I am always interested when I look at the stats for this blog and see what search terms have brought people here.

There are a lot of references to different plant species (you should look here) and quite a few references to paint codes - as I keep talking about them.

Also a surprising number of people search for "curvy pots". Actually I say 'surprising' but these are very much the fashionable pot of choice. We supply a lot (they are a swine to deliver, as they are heavy when planted, and due to their shape the centre of gravity is off-centre, so they are easy to tip over in the van.

I also see them in buildings we don't have maintenance contracts with a lot, though our competitors tend to dot them about, whereas I find they look so much better in threes; either all one colour like the first picture, or a group of three related colours like the second. Both these jobs are in Poole.

The pot I see less of, and actually I think I prefer, is the 'S' planter, like the picture below. They are still curved but they are a hell of a lot more stable, and I think they look much better when standing individually than the curvy pots do. Not sure about the colour, though in the flesh it's darker than this. These pots are about to be delivered to a job in Hedge End in Southampton, who are having a mash up of this green, some light blue and ravishing burgundy coloured pots. Pass me my sunglasses!